We have big plans for this topic, including video tutorials, detailed protocols with illustrations, and brief protocols for printing. To receive notifications as this website develops, click “Follow” on the right side of the page.
Here’s a preview of what’s to come:
Introduction to RT-PCR
- What is the purpose of RT-PCR
- How does RT-PCR work?
- What are the important reagents used and what is their purpose?
- Obtaining and validating gene-specific primers
- Optimized protocol designed to save time and minimize error in data
- Accurate, reproducible pipetting procedures
- Technique for approximating efficiency based on sample fluorescence
- Calculating expression of individual samples
- Normalizing for variable instrument sensitivity
- More advanced analyses